Saturday, September 13, 2008

90% World Knowledge in my lifetime.

Earths knowledge
I am 68 alert and ready to move into the next century. I really think that 90% of the worlds knowledge has come in my lifetime. I have seen so much development in my lifetime. From that picture of me in that 127 black and white, plowing a horse on our farm. I was before color TV, only rotor dial phones, ice boxes or spring house. Dirt roads and 12 cent gas and never missed the Saturday matinee when we had newsreels and real heroes. Many of my friends would meet Saturday night to watch Walter Cronkite news then it was wrestling but don’t take me wrong it was well worth my 9 mile round trip walk to watch it for free, at old man Worley’s house with my friends. Mr Worley had the only tv for 25 miles. There were no cars passing to hitch hike a ride on after dark.
On Sunday we wrote real letters, licked 3cent stamps and put them in a mailbox. Then we would wait 3 to 4 weeks for a reply. I often heard my parents exclaim that we were living to fast and that the world was getting smaller (all 4 corners of it).
My how fine it is, I saw an astronaut enter the heavens and prove that the world was round. I saw Elvis, from the waist up, shake on the Ed Sullivan show, as well as that necked bear spot on Jeanie. I saw smokestacks puke soot into the sky and waste in our rivers.
Fifty years from now while sitting at a hologram with my great, great, great, grandson in my completely sanitized environment, I will explain to him how we communicated today and what a struggle it was to earn a living. In that time expansion the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) experience will have created us a new Black Hole for us to find some dirt in.
Yes the LHC will change the way I live in the future.
Show this to your grand parents and ask to share some nostaligy.
God Bless
Billy

No comments: