Friday, October 7, 2011

Bar Room Brawl


 When I was in the Air Force my action were that of a typical GI chasing girls, dance halls, bars and night clubs etc. If you have been blessed with a military career then you know what I am talking about. That was the best 23 years of my life even though I pulled 3 TD Y's in Nam as a chopper pilot.
One night in southern Mississippi my buddies and I went to a night club in Natchez, beautiful women and I sure loved to dance, in no time our uniforms attracted some local ladies.
We had been deployed to Trinidad (that's another story) during the Cuban Missile Crisis for some time and had plenty of money saved up for a fantastic night out on the town.
Any way, the booze was flowing and everybody was having a great time, when all of a sudden this a fight broke out over one of the girls. At first it was a fair fight and every body ganged around to watch it. Then one of the local boys took a poke at me and the barroom brawl broke out.
Now it was three against 16 or 17, I was much too busy to count, Jackets came off and chairs were getting broken as men were thrashing each other, we were a military rescue unit and were taught the art of combat defense, and keep in mind it was 3 against 17, I am sure you have seen some of John Wayne movies our fight was rather like that, bottles getting broken over someones head, if I got knocked down I got up and came back for more, as the fight progress it got worse, 3 against 17, there were teeth, hair, guts, blood and eyeballs all over the dance floor and it was a long fight 3 to 17 before the police showed up and broke up that fight and I for one was glad it was over.
That was three of the toughest men I ever met.
Billy~

No comments: