Monday, January 20, 2014

MLK and me

 It is hard for me to say I was wrong.
But I was on the wrong side in the 60's. Racial tension was at a peak. I don't want to go into this much, other than to say I am glad it has improved, but we still have a long way to go. Read some history and be glad that we will never relive that time.
 I wore a white pillow case many times, I was in Selma with my face covered, I was in Bristol and Greensboro.
 I was so wrong in my commitment, ill led, so young, unwise, and so sorry,
Father, forgive me for the terrible sins I committed during this national termoil
 History documents this time in America, but it is kinda like looking at a picture of the Grand Caynon, it is not the same as standing on the edge and gazing at it's awe.
 Our nation is divided once again almost as badly as the North and South and we do have another bridge to cross and burn. The best way to describe this is to look at the political map and analyze the red and blue. That portrays the rich and the poor. The rich will tire of paying for food stamps and welfare programs.
 The middle class as we know it will have disappeared. 
Lord, I pray that a leader such as King will apear and unite this great nation
and take us back to a time when we were under God with a government for the people.

No comments: