Thursday, July 22, 2010

No Pets Allowed

  I have been traveling with Molly for 6 years now and we are quite comfortable in our camper.
But recently I had to make a business trip to Durham, North Carolina and I drove the car. When I realized that I was not going to make it home before dark, I decided to get a hotel room and stay the night. On several hotels were posted on the front door, no pets, well I did not even bother to go in because I was not leaving Molly in the heat we were having in the car.
By now it is getting dark and I am tired and aggravated to find out that hotels had gotten so demanding. Used to be they wanted my business and begged for it.
Finally I used the “don't ask, don't tell” checked in and had a nice bed in a hotel that I think I bought stock in at the price they charged.
Moral of this story is plan your travel with pets, have prearranged living conditions made for them. I will never leave Molly with a pet sitter, she is part of my life. There are times when I must leave her in the car and if it is hot the A/C is left on for her.
I was down at our shopping center the other day and it was 104 in the parking area and saw 3 dogs locked up in cars and I know it must have been 130 - 150 inside. I called the police in no time they were there, and to my surprise they used pressure bags to open the locked car doors, brought the dogs out and put them in equipped transports. I asked and the police said they fined the people and charged for animal care and thanked me for reported what they referred to as criminals. I suggested they lock the dog owners up in the car for and hour or two. It takes a beast to treat an animal like that.
It is hot outside folks, and if I see a dog locked up in a car and cannot get legal help I will burst a window to get it out.
Just wondering would you do that?
Till the atoms melt:
Billy    

No comments: