Sunday, June 20, 2010

Being a Father

Being a Father:

I miss my pop too, but I did get a nice hug from my only son, he turned out to be someone I am very proud of. That means I done something right in my life.
He was born in 1964 and I was just 25 myself, full of piss and vinegar and my own life in front of.
What the hell am I going to do with a kid? I know, I thought to myself. I'll let his mama worry about that.
So being a young soldier. I thought the best thing I can do for him right now is make America a safer place for him to grow up. That I did.
Yes I did do more than my share for him, I had that Vietnam crap, Castro, and all that Russian shit to put up with.
I helped back them all down.
But I don't want to talk about that because today, I want to Bragg about my best lifetime achievement. My one and only child, a son.
We are best friends, we are together a lot, and when I get the opportunity to introduce him, well, I guess it is my pride in him that stand out the most.
With most of the credit going to his mother for instilling, honesty, intelligent, character, trustworthiness and all those good things that make a man stand out in a crowd. All that, reflects on a Dad.
Well my boy, went on and got his education, became a Marine, and served America with honors. Today, he is still serving this great American system of freedom by being a correction officer in our prison system.
My son has a son. His son has a son.
Today is Father's Day. I am a Father, a grandfather and a great grandfather. Add the word proud to each father.
The most outstanding day of my life began on July 17 1964, the day I became a Father.
Thank you Jesus.

No comments: