Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow? Here Nooooooo way!

Last winter I was in the mountains of North Carolina and I had enough snow to do me for a while, So this winter I planned to spend in southern Louisiana and what do I get first thing - Snow, I know God loves though, but it never snow here.
A rare snowfall blanketed south Louisiana and parts of Mississippi on Thursday, closing schools, government offices and bridges, triggering crashes and leaving
thousands without power and we just went thru hurricans Gustav and Ike.
Up to 8 inches of snow was reported in parts of Louisiana. Snow also covered a broad swath of Mississippi, including the Jackson area, and closed schools in more than a dozen districts.
A heavy band of snow coated windshields and grassy areas in New Orleans, where about an inch accumulated. A peak of 8 inches was reported in Amite, about 75 miles northwest of New Orleans right here in Gonzaales where I am. I am headed to the Rocky Mountains come spring and I aint coming back here.

No comments: