Thursday, November 20, 2008

I enjoy my computer



I enjoy my computer – Too much-
I love being retired, but as it has been all my life there are not enough time in a day, and after spending most of my life working, long ago I learned to plan my work then work my plan. Now retirement is no different. At work I only had one thing to do, work efficiently. At work every hour was planned well in advance.
My schedule is all screwed up now. I go to bed when I get sleepy and after about 5 or 6 hours I am ready to get with it. And my plans are monthly or quarterly.
One thing I really enjoy is visiting my family and friends, and that creates a major problem, it don’t matter which family member I visit first someone gets mad because they weren’t first. Now here is my plan for dealing with that. I rented my house and now I go visit with the intention of staying forever. Ha ha, my kids will never outsmart me.
Life is just as full as it can get.
But, back to the computer issue. It is the finest invention since the printing press. I am addicted to email, chat and web construction, with it I cannot get bored or feel neglected because it gives me its undivided attention with companionship, knowledge and the ability to be constructive, as I age it has become my mentor, one only hears the bad stories about the Internet. I have been on the net over 10 years and I have had some bad experiences but all the wonderful things I have encountered far outweigh the bad. The use of a little common sense will eliminate being abused.
I find the only negative aspect about the net is the quick knowledge and recently I have been looking for on line books and heavy reading however I am a handy man and can find out how to fix that crack in the bath room ceiling on line quicker than I can go to the library to get the book.
I have friends on line all over the world and pictures of kind, loving and peaceful people, along with pictures of their families and homes. I have notes and emails of their dreams, hopes and prayers for peace.
I can find no fault with the Internet maybe because I am not looking for fault; rather I search for the positive. Life is way too fast and now we have fast language like very short sentience’s and terms like pitr, wymp, brb, lol lmao, asl, you know very well what I am referring to.
I do spend to much time on my computer, everyone has a vice, mine is the web, it come in second to nature, now there is where I get lost, I love to travel to new places and camp, walk and listen to life around me, meet and make new friends, eat like a horse and take the time to enjoy the life around me. Yes I love this retirement.
You, yes you reading this, take the time to write me and practice your typing and use of our Queens English as proper as you know how, share a part of your life with me because you are the most important person in the world as far as you are concerned, well at least I think you are. You can read and post a story at my website http://ourbiz.us/you.htm
I would love to meet you online.
May God bless and keep you.
Billy

No comments: