Monday, November 24, 2008


Happy Thanksgiving and also the 26th is my birthday I will be 68.
I love Thanksgiving day best of all, it is near my birthday and it is also near Christmas day, I really enjoy Christmas day and what it really means but all this commercial stuff about it just destroys the true meaning.
So I put Thanksgiving, Christmas and my birthday in the one big party on Thanksgiving day and then I am done until New Year day which is also special to me.
Around home everybody that can gets together on Thanksgiving day and we pray at meal time. We pray over the meal and give thanks for all our blessings and remember loved ones. We thanks God for being Americans and freedom and things like that, and our troops far away we never forget them.
Boy do we eat, oh mercy do we eat, turkey and ham and all those veggies and pies and cakes. All us old ones and our kids and their kids and their kid's kids, o there is just a big crowd of us and I think about my Mama because that is where we use to gather but Mama has gone to heaven. Depending on the weather things range from a football game to 15 monopoly games going on at the same time because there is a crowd of us.
Then we eat some more.
There is plenty of conversation and all those kids laughing, running, screaming, fighting and oh yea us not forget a cry ever now and then, I just love it. And last year two of the men grown ups had a little too much to drink and a fight broke out. At first there was just some cussing and shirts being pulled off, one was scared and the other one was glad of it. Then I think one of the drunks fell into the other one and the wrestling match was on. I was kinda enjoying it till sides were being drawn and the war between in-laws and outlaws was just about to begin. But I being the eldest made it my job to break it up.
We eat some more.
The girls will play cards and the guys will watch a ballgame on tv and we will divide some food as the gang starts to leave.
I along will eat some more,
look at the pictures I took, reflect on my blessings, store them in the computer then go to bed.
Happy Thanksgivings may God Bless

No comments: